80s Picturehouse Episode 85: In Conversation With Dean Gates.
In the 26th of our 'In Conversation With' series, we are joined by special makeup effects artist Dean Gates.
Dean's 80's work includes: Day Of The Dead, Invasion U.S.A., Raw Deal, Maximum Overdrive, Blue Velvet, and The Return Of The Swamp Thing.
You will hear stories that include:
- His early influences and first makeup effects.
- Working with Tom Savini.
- Find out what piece of his own work scared him!
- Being killed (and stepped on) by Arnold Schwarzengger.
- Working with Carlo Rambaldi on the set of King Kong Lives.
- Find out the connection between 'The Return Of The Swamp Thing' and 'Midnight In The Garden Of Good And Evil'.
- His Emmy Award winning work on Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
- His latest projects.
As always, the above is just a small taste of what this packed episode has for you all.