March 26th, 2014
We're back with a long overdue regular format show.
We play some great 80's inspired original music.
There's an 80's awareness message.
A memorable news quiz.
The film is 'The Perils Of Gwendoline'.
The album is 'The River' by Bruce Springsteen.
We need help from people with artistic skills!
March 14th, 2014
In the 27th of our 'In Conversation With' series, we are joined by Fred 'The Hammer' Williamson.
We chat about:
- Growing up in Chicago
- His time at Northwestern college
- His famous 3 rules for being in a film
- Going from 'Speedy' to 'The Hammer'
- Working with Larry Cohen and other directors
- Forming Po' Boy Productions
- 80's films; including Bronx Warriors, Vigilante, and the Black Cobra series
- Gaining a new generation of fans in From Dusk Till Dawn
- His trademark cigars
- Why it always ends in a wrestling match when he sees Gary Busey
- Funding Old School Gangsta
As always, there's much more to hear in this episode...including Both Dave and Thom getting VERY excited at talking with Fred!
March 10th, 2014
In the 26th of our 'In Conversation With' series, we are joined by special makeup effects artist Dean Gates.
Dean's 80's work includes: Day Of The Dead, Invasion U.S.A., Raw Deal, Maximum Overdrive, Blue Velvet, and The Return Of The Swamp Thing.
You will hear stories that include:
- His early influences and first makeup effects.
- Working with Tom Savini.
- Find out what piece of his own work scared him!
- Being killed (and stepped on) by Arnold Schwarzengger.
- Working with Carlo Rambaldi on the set of King Kong Lives.
- Find out the connection between 'The Return Of The Swamp Thing' and 'Midnight In The Garden Of Good And Evil'.
- His Emmy Award winning work on Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
- His latest projects.
As always, the above is just a small taste of what this packed episode has for you all.
March 4th, 2014
In the 2nd part of our 'Looking Back At Music Videos', we are delighted to be joined by visual conceptualist Keith Williams.
Keith created the 1st music video image ever shown on MTV for The Buggles 'Video Killed The Radio Star'.
He has worked with musical artists that include; Elton John, Spandau Ballet, Fleetwood Mac, Billy Joel, Tina Turner, Madonna, Lionel Richie, Alice Cooper, and also Hollywood directors that include Russell Mulcahy and Tobe Hooper.
You will hear these stories and so much more:
- Pitching concepts to Michael Jackson for 'Billie Jean' and 'Beat It'.
- Creating the music video 'Peace In Our Life' for the movie 'Rambo: First Blood Part 2'...and then directing Frank Stallone in it.
- Find out Elton John's pet name for Keith...and for John Lennon.
- Working on the concept for the 'Ghostbusters' video.
- Chatting horror movies with Alice Cooper.
- The reason that Bonnie Tyler's 'Holding Out For A Hero' is shot at the Grand Canyon.
There is so much more win this episode, that it just HAS to be heard!